Project title: YES – Youth Empowerment for Sustainable development
Financer: The Austrian Development Agency
Duration: 01.10.2018 – 31.12.2020
Managed budget: 100.700 Euro
Scope of the project
The long-term general objective is to contribute to the social and economic inclusion of the youth leaving the care system in the Republic of Moldova by consolidating their perspectives for an independent life.
“CONCORDIA Verein für Sozialprojekte”
CONCORDIA Moldova which is active at the level of several localities in the Republic of Moldova.
CONCORDIA Academia, the department to have shaped up the Humanitarian Organization CONCORDIA (Romania) was responsible for the organization of the training activities within the project.
- 30 professionals in the social field working with the youth who prepare themselves to leave the children protection system benefit from training courses.
- 10 trained professionals take art in a training-of-trainer program (ToT) and ensure further on the dissemination of the knowledge acquired.
- 80 youth who are getting ready to leave the institutional care system (35 girls and 45 boys) aged between 15 and 23 develop independent life abilities, including personal plans regarding their educational / professional career;
- Minimum 20 local NGOs and public organizations working in the field lay the basis of a platform aiming to promote advocacy and lobby activities for the youth in the Republic of Moldova, who are getting ready to leave the institutional care system.
- Creating a data base with potential employers in the business sector who are willing to employee these youth who are getting ready to leave the institutional care system.
Expected impact: Developing the capabilities of the youth is the main focus of the project in order to reach the general objective of social and economic inclusion of those who shall leave the children protection system.
By the end of the project, a number of approximately 4,500 children and youth who are in the alternative institutional care system in the Republic of Moldova shall benefit directly from this project by increasing the intervention quality of the professionals built up within this project.