Project title: EduSafe – Protecting the children inside the educational isntitutions
Duration: 01.08.2020 – 30.01.2022 (18 months)
Managed budget: 70,000 euro
Scope of the project
The main objective of the project is fighting and preventing violence against children in Romania, Bulgaria and Republic of Moldova by:
- Offering a policy model for children’s protection is primary schools, kindergartens and day centers;
- Improving the parents’ and children’s knowledge with regard to the forms of abuse and its prevention;
- Informing the school personnel with regard to the modalities of application of the principles and measures of child protection in day-to-day activities;
- Raising awareness of all stakeholders with regard to abuse on children, including the development of a strategy of prevention, intervention and action within the formal and informal educational institutions and the promotion of an universal approach in children protection in schools.
The project’s target is fighting and preventing violence against children in Romania, Bulgaria and Republic of Moldova, with a focus on the protection of children in schools, kindergartens and day centers.
The activities shall include: drafting a policy model for children protection in schools and kindergartens, training the teachers and the school personnel, counselling parents for a positive education, parents’ and children’s activities, workshops with children on the negative effects of harassment and activities to promote an universal approach of children protection in schools.
CONCORDIA Sozialprojekte Gemeinnützige Privatstiftung (Concordia Social Projects) – Austria
Humanitarian Organization CONCORDIA Romania, CONCORDIA Republic of Moldova and CONCORDIA Bulgaria
- Drafting a policy model for children protection in primary schools, kindergartens and day-care centres.
- Organizing 10 training sessions for at least 60 teachers.
- Organizing a research visit to Hungary
At least 500 persons in Romania, Republic of Moldova and Bulgaria shall benefit from being informed or trained within the project with regard to fighting and preventing violence against children in educational institutions (116 teachers and assimilated personnel, 120 children, 220 parents, 60 representatives of public and private institutions, schools, school inspectorates, universities and social services suppliers).